Author Topic: Ice Maker quit working  (Read 4729 times)

Steve Albert

Ice Maker quit working
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
My ice maker quit working. It is not getting cold inside. Would the part that makes the ice have anything to do with that? or should it still get cold inside if that part is not working? I know that part is not working because when I turn it on the teeth in the ice tray do not move around to complete a cycle to let water in  :-/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:06:47 AM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Ice Maker quit working
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:45:57 AM »
Steve,
If you have a U-Line icemaker, it should get cold inside regardless of ice production.

Gerald

Steve Albert

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »
The cam on the ice maker does not need to turn one time to start the cycle and turn on the compressor?

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:01:23 AM »
Call ED at Laurelhurst distributing in Portland Oregon He can diagnose the problem and send you the parts over the phone. You can google laurelhurst and it will come up.

Sid Stine

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
I just replaced my ice maker last weekend. I got the replacement at Lowe's for $49.99 You just need to cut out the back of the water box for the water hose.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:59:17 AM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:46:07 AM »
Sid,
You are referring to the icemaker that is located in the freezer, but Steve is referring to a stand alone U-Line icemaker.

Steve,
On a U-Line icemaker, the icemaker will not cycle (teeth rotate) until the ice tray area reaches the correct temperature. Therefore, if it is not cooling properly, it will not cycle (teeth rotate).

Gerald  

Steve Albert

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 10:33:38 PM »
So something is wrong with the compressor then maybe the relay or overload switch it doesn't get cold at all the teeth on the ice maker need to be at 12 o'clock for the compressor to start I was told

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 01:48:25 AM »
Not sure what it is called but inside the U-line ice makers have a cooling fan and it blows on a finned radiator (not sure what it is called but it gets full of dust and the fan cannot cool it enough then as Gerald says the ice tray will not work. Another part that quits is a plastic valve assy that the intake hose hooks to it has a screen for the hose and sometimes gets plugged. If it is plugged the tray will not fill with water and it will not turn either.