Author Topic: Good Source for Aquahot/Hyrdohot FIlters and Nozzles  (Read 5597 times)

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
Good Source for Aquahot/Hyrdohot FIlters and Nozzles
« on: November 01, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
Hi I found these guys at about 40% of usual pricing for Danfoss .35 gpm 60s Nozzle and Garber type r filter with reasonable shipping rates.

Patriot Supply

WWW.Patriot-supply.com
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Doug Allman

Re: Good Source for Aquahot/Hyrdohot FIlters and Nozzles
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:41:59 PM »
Hi Jim, In some campground I met a guy when I was working on my aqua hot checking my fluid level. We got to talking and he asked how I cleaned my nozzle for the burner. Long story short he recommended taking the nozzle apart and cleaning it with Carburetor Cleaner. I was skeptical.
His take was that he had been doing it for years and the cleaned nozzle works just fine. He was a fulltimer so he said he did his about twice a year unless it started to look like smoke was turning darker.
Now I did take one and take it apart and it is really not rocket science inside. Cleaned up excellent with the carb cleaner. Soon as the one I have in starts to emit darker smoke I am going to try.
For the short length of time these nozzles get used as compared to a household fuel oil burner which is usually changed yearly, sometimes longer, it just might be worth the few minutes to do this. They surely do not wear out the orifice for the short interval used in a coach by most.

Gerald Farris

Re: Good Source for Aquahot/Hyrdohot FIlters and Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:08 AM »
Doug,
AquaHot nozzles are easily cleaned, but a professional service technician will not clean them due to the added expense to the owner. If you are paying someone in the neighborhood of $110 to $125 an hour to work on your AquaHot, a new nozzle is much cheaper than the cost in time charges to clean the old one, and occasionally the cleaned nozzle does not work well leading to more time charges. However, if you are servicing the unit yourself, by all means clean the nozzle, but you will have to buy a new one occasionally though not often.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone