Author Topic: ice maker no water  (Read 3763 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
ice maker no water
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
Hello:  Thanks for the forum..I have a 2006 beaver marquis with whirlpool residential ref..
Turned the ref on abouta week before we were going to leave for a couple months. Everything was working fine. I changed the water filters so after a couple days took the ice cube container off and dumped the cubes. Have not got any water to come into icemacker since. Some how the water pump got turned off, was not hooked to water just freshwater tank.  When I noticed water pump was offf turned back on and since have not water coming to icemaker. My question is will the suppy tube freeze if there is no water coming into icemaker. I can manualy put water in and everything works, dumps cubes ok. If suppy tube freezes do I have to remove icemaker to thaw it out???. Thanks for your help

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Larry Moore

Re: ice maker no water
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:56:39 PM »
Bobbie

The supply line at the icemaker should not have any ice in it, and if it does just take a hair dryer to thaw out the area and see if it works.
If the supply to the icemaker in the freezer again freezes with water/ice then you have a leaking water valve.  The only thing that triggers the icemaker to cycle is the temperature in the freezer.  You may want to check and be sure that the freezer temp is running around zero.

Old Appliance Guy
The following users thanked this post: Bobby Kirk

Larry Moore

Re: ice maker no water
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 04:59:08 PM »
PS: The new filter may have clogged the inlet screen in the water valve. It is the side of the valve that looks like a garden hose connection. Remove the screen with a knife point, clean and replace.