Author Topic: Aladin mileage readout  (Read 4778 times)

Don Voss

Aladin mileage readout
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
Has anyone experienced a variation in the mileage from the Aladin system and their odometer?  Mine is over 300 miles.  I have about 30,000 miles on my 04 Marquis.  Which would be the most accurate?  Is there a way to adjust the Aladin mileage?

Thanks,

Don

Gerald Farris

Re: Aladin mileage readout
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:54:41 PM »
Don,
The mileage on your Aladdin is probable the most accurate reading, because it is taken directly from the engine ECM. The ECM (engine control module) is receiving the most accurate information available in your coach, and it is much more sophisticated and accurate in processing it than any of your dash guages.

Gerald

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
Don,
The mileage on your Aladdin is probable the most accurate reading, because it is taken directly from the engine ECM. The ECM (engine control module) is receiving the most accurate information available in your coach, and it is much more sophisticated and accurate in processing it.

Gerald

Don Voss

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
Gerald,
Thanks for the response.  That's all I need to know.  

Don

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 11:23:58 PM »
I agree with Gerald, Don.  I think I read some time ago that the variation is caused because the engine has test "miles" on it, placed there before Monaco, SMC, or Beaver put it on its chassis.  The Aladdin is picking up on that test mileage.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat