Author Topic: Tv cable diagram  (Read 2947 times)

Robert Wagner

Tv cable diagram
« on: July 14, 2019, 03:03:12 AM »
We may need to replace the cable for the tv that starts in the water bay and ends up above passenger seat area.  Does anyone know if we would be able to attach new cable and pull it thru or any ideas would be great.  With updated technology the cable that is already there is giving to much noice in the line.  Help and or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Tv cable diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:00 AM »
Bob,
I don't think you'll have any luck trying to pull the cable through as they probably have it going through cable clamps or have the wire bundles tie-wrapped along the way. I'd try 2 things first; run a cable outside the coach to the tie-in point above the passenger seat and see if that improves the signal quality. If so, I'd then replace the connectors on the ends of the existing cable as most poor connections occur there. If it doesn't improve the quality, then check the cables/components from there to the TV. If still bad, you're probably looking at figuring out how to run a new cable.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:39:59 PM »
   Robert,
Is your TV Antenna booster switch turned off when connected to cable?
Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Robert Wagner

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 04:14:58 PM »
Would it be the same cable?

Robert Wagner

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
Cable guy checked everything.  Said it’s old cables.  Now tho I’m thinking I clipped off all the old unused cables in the bedroom and just taped them up. Would that cause it? 

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:25:54 PM »
  Robert, The antenna booster switch is a device with an LED indicator. You turn it on when using the roof tv antenna. You turn it off when in a campground and are using their cable television connected to your coach.
  Another issue you have to do is a channel search after you change your tv to "cable" in the set up menu on the television. What is the problem you are experiencing?
   Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »
Robert, My 06 Patriot Thunder has RG6 cable which is probably what you have and most of it had crap ends, this coach came with satelliite on the roof and a air antenna. From the utility bay drivers side you should have a cable tv connection leading up to the cabinet above the passenger where you will find you air antenna booster. The cable tv and air cables connect to the booster from there to the tv's front and rear.
I purchased a coaxial cable kit to replace all the crap crimp ends, which made to biggest difference with signal quality. Most rv parks don't have very good cable signal quality.
We went with Dish satellite Hopper 3 and wireless Joey's for the bedroom and outside tv.

Keith Cooper

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 12:37:57 AM »
un-terminated coax ends generate  reflections of the signal which in turn reduces the overall signal strength.
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone

Robert Wagner

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 02:04:46 AM »
Ok thanks a lot!!!  That should fix it!!