Author Topic: Tough problem!  (Read 2974 times)

Al Lewis

Tough problem!
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »
I have realized that fixing problems on my 2002 Monterey has been a high ranking joy in my life. I felt like I knew and learned a lot. But there are people on this forum that know much more and they amaze me. Thanks for the help. I will be dropping my membership unfortunately since I sold the Beaver about six months ago. I have been taking treatment for pancreatic cancer. In about ten days I will complete the treatment plan prescribed then I will wait and see what God has for me to work on and for how long. I am actually doing well but I need to gain 30pounds and get some strength back.

My son's boss who is in the car and truck sales business gave me a cash offer for the Monterey and I took it. I miss it. And he parked it in a field in north texas. He apparently just opened what drains he could find to winterize it. I wish someone would buy it and show it some love. I don't know a price. Probably in the $30K range. It is a good motorhome. Just needs a few things fixed. If someone is seriously interested in adopting it contact me at a9lewis49@yahoo.com. Or better yet, pull some strings and I will get strong again and buy it back.

Lee Welbanks

Re: Tough problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
Al, Sorry to hear about your cancer, hopely they caught it soon enough, pancreatic is a real b****. I've been down the road with a couple go arounds with cancer. Hang in there and fight like you know what.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 10:30:40 AM »
Hey Al
The Beaver club has good folks and great friends to keep up your morale. 
Stick around as long as you can and we will all pray and cheer your success.  Perhaps you can buy the coach back.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »
Al,
One point of concern, if the coach was parked in below freezing weather without being properly winterized with RV antifreeze (the pink stuff), the AquaHot unit could be badly damaged thus making repairs so expensive that you do not want the coach back.

Gerald