Author Topic: Fresh water fill for a 2005 monterey  (Read 4139 times)

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: Fresh water fill for a 2005 monterey
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 08:47:44 PM »
My '05 Monterey has the Manablock manifold labeled as per Joel's photo above. I've found that the restriction in flow caused by the spring loaded back flow prevention device in the 'city water' inlet connection, the diversion valve in the manifold and likely right angle fittings between the manifold and the tank makes tank filling a tedious job particularly with other campers waiting not so patiently behind you in line.
Another issue I’ve found is that many trailers that depend on gravity flow to fill their tanks find the the threaded fitting on the end of the campsite water supply prevents them from inserting the hose into the trailer fill orfice so they just cut the threaded fitting off the hose. Our Beavers require a threaded connection. To solve this problem I carry a water thief or water bandit.
To speed up the tank fill I’ve drilled a 1.5 inch hole in the water tank near the top and glued in a female hose connector. The tank is filled as quickly as the water source can provide. My Monterey is a Laguna IV with the water tank readily accessible in the curb side bin adjacent to the HydroHot.

Water Fill Port & Garnet SeeLevel
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:31:20 PM by Bob Stone »
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 10:38:46 PM »
Thanks are due Steve, Mike, and Bill, for spurring me to take a photo for you, Dave.  Not sure why the pages supplied by Mike image an apparent Tank Fill handle (if that’s what it’s supposed to be) with “ON” being the vertical position, and “OFF” being horizontal;  it’s just the opposite.  And the system diagram shows the valve separate from the Manablok.  My ‘06 manual’s water pages does not show the same diagram(s).  Again, as per the ‘05 manual it’s a case where the coach build changed and they didn’t opt to reprint the manual accordingly.

For a relative owners manual, check the Home menu here above and drill through the Private BAC Members Only area to our Coach Assist section.  Water Systems info begins on pg. 177 of my ‘06 Monterey manual.  But there is an ‘05 manual there also.  Consulting both may be necessary to get relatively correct instruction regarding any one specific component, feature, or procedure.

Joel
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:58:57 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »
(which the prior owner felt that I would not need and removed all the labels)

Mine fell off after about a year.