Author Topic: 2000 Marquis Dump Valve Inop  (Read 6790 times)

Mary and Mike Boone

2000 Marquis Dump Valve Inop
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »
How do you manually dump grey?  Just had auto grey valve replaced and this is our first time to dump.  We hit switch and nothing happens.   Holiday weekend and we have 70 % full grey.  Any advice welcome.  2000 beaver Marquis.

Gerald Farris

Re: 2000 Marquis Dump Valve Inop
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
Mike,
It is not easy to manually dump the tanks on a 2000 Marquis. If you have long and skinny arms you can get to the valve by removing the paper towel holder and reaching through the hole behind it and pulling up on the electric actuator to get it to move as you flip the switch to the open position. However you will usually have determine the reason that the valve does not move and repair it or remove the electric actuator so that the valve will move by hand when you reach it through the hole behind the towel holder.

The easiest solution to the problem is that if you can remove the electric switch and repair the problem there. Otherwise you will have to remove the stainless steel panel that covers the dump valve area and to which the water manifolds are mounted. Behind that panel you will see the dump valves. You can then remove the electric actuator from the valve and open and close it manually.

You can install a "T" handle on the valve stem and reach it through to hole behind the towel holder and manually dump the tanks after the electric actuator is removed, however you usually have to remove the actuator before you can dump the tanks or repair the reason that it does not work and electrically dump the tanks.

Gerald  

Mary and Mike Boone

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:29:51 AM »
Resolution:   We pulled the water control panel off and found that a wire to the switch had come off.  We were so happy to click that switch and hear the grey water valve open.   Back to being functional once more  We are learning that a motorhome is constantly a challenge. I hope we have a few trips one of these days without any problems.

Mary B

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:02:11 AM »
Good job! Yes, it is nice when things actually work as they should. Eventually something else always seems to pop up. As a friend once told me, " don't ever use it and nothing will break!" I prefer to enjoy it all I can.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
I've got news for you, Larry.  Our coach has been parked by the house for almost three years, and I developed a leaking electric bay, a bad windshield seal, a malfunctioning Fantastic Vent, the entry door window developed a faulty window seal and fogs up, the shower dome has vapor between its inner and outer panels, and my daughter dinged the bottom of the rear cap with the lawnmower (don't ask).

I think the only way to avoid having to regularly repair something on one, is to not own a coach at all.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Well that shoots his theory all to pieces! I am going to just keep fixing things as they break and enjoy this life style as long as the good Lord will let me.
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 10:59:32 PM »
You got it, Larry.  If ya gotta fix stuff no matter what, then ya might as well be out there on the road doing it.  

We sure hope to rejoin fellow traveling Beavers again before this year is out!  The Missus has to get well, and the kids and grandkids have to get their confounded out-of-commission vehicles out from in front of Monty Rae. :-/  Fingers crossed on both points.
Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
I hope to meet you and the missus out there someday. I will be praying for her. Take care my friend.
Larry Fisk
525 (C-13) CAT Engine