Author Topic: air system/ride height  (Read 4595 times)

Jack Whitmill

air system/ride height
« on: May 23, 2016, 01:38:15 AM »
04 36 ft. Monterey.  The coach has started to drop on drivers side rear, with air at 110 lbs or above, up to 4 inches. This started in the Fall and we had new air bags installed, ride height checked. This seems to be an intermittent problem. When engine is running the 4 inch drop comes up to a 1 inch drop. When level the coach stays level and will hold.
 Any ideas?

Gerald Farris

Re: air system/ride height
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:52:04 AM »
Jack,
If you are saying that the coach leaks down on the left side when setting, that is probably just a slow air leak somewhere in the suspension, probably the LR. However, the 1 inch lean when the engine is running is just a rear ride height sensor adjustment, but a 1 inch lean is probably considered within tolerance by most service centers if you are measuring the coach body and not the suspension height.

Gerald

Harold and Gloria Skipworth

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »
I just left HWH in Moscow IA. for repairs similar to your description.  Had leaks at all the solenoids with two defective solenoids and a weak level sensor, and a blown fuse for the front travel height circuit.  I got all the O-rings replaced and new coils installed in two solenoids and a new level sensor and a new fuse.  All this with a 4.5 hour labor charge @ $90/hr. for $750 with one day service.  I can't say enough good things about their professionalism and skill.  Also, free dry camping w/ elec. water and dump available.

Harold Skipworth

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »
I just left HWH in Moscow IA. for repairs similar to your description.  Had leaks at all the solenoids with two defective solenoids and a weak level sensor, and a blown fuse for the front travel height circuit.  I got all the O-rings replaced and new coils installed in two solenoids and a new level sensor and a new fuse.  All this with a 4.5 hour labor charge @ $90/hr. for $750 with one day service.  I can't say enough good things about their professionalism and skill.  Also, free dry camping w/ elec. water and dump available.

Harold Skipworth

We spent 2 1/2 days there three years ago having our hyd jack system removed and an air system custom installed. They were superb  with the work they did and also how friendly they were. the shop foreman even gave my son and I the grand tour of the plant and the rv they are building.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl