Author Topic: Aqua Hot Reminder  (Read 3796 times)

Edward Buker

Aqua Hot Reminder
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »
I just leaked down a quart or two of antifreeze blend from my Aqua Hot yesterday. I had replaced the radiator cap in the last year. The hose that couples the expansion tank to the fill neck of the Aqua Hot looked to be in decent shape.

The hose, right at the point where it couples to the radiator cap filler neck, became brittle, cracked and failed due to heat and age while the rest of the hose still looks acceptable. This hose location is a good place to take a quick check for aging. Better to change this length of hose out before it fails. Hope this helps.

Later Ed

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Aqua Hot Reminder
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Ed, your hose lasted longer than mine.  I experienced the same failure 4 years ago.

Larry

Edward Buker

Re: Aqua Hot Reminder
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 12:19:52 AM »
Larry,

FYI...Recently HPS hose came out with a clear silicone 8MM (5/16) hose that is rated up 350F and is compatible with antifreeze. It is sold from the supplier directly or through Amazon. A five foot length, which is enough to do two overflow tanks at 2.5ft each, is $17.50. The PVC hose that is used now was never rated for the 180 degree temps found at the filler neck. I think I will order up a length and be done with this problem once and for all.

http://www.amazon.com/HPS-High-Silicone-Vacuum-Clear/dp/B004SBKCDW

Later Ed