Author Topic: 2001 Marquis -- no jacks?  (Read 4439 times)

Richard Cooper

2001 Marquis -- no jacks?
« on: May 10, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »
When I recently bought my 2001 Beaver Marquis I was told by the dealer that I had ground jacks.  But have been camping a few places and when I set in motion automatic leveling -- it takes a while to get going, but it levels up the coach.  I've been outside and got down on hands and knees to look for the jacks hitting the pavement.  There are none I can spot.  

If the coach is leveling with the air bags, then why does it let out all the air prior to leveling?

I guess I am too lazy to go to my instructions and read all about this marvelous machine, but I am a bit puzzled, if not pleasantly surprised.  I've used ground jacks in the past and found them to be awkward to use especially in sand or soft ground.

So I can explain this to my friends --- what is going on with leveling this specific coach?  And while I'm at it -- what maintenance should I see to?

George H. Wall

Re: 2001 Marquis -- no jacks?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »
Your jacks level off the frame, SDS, system that was used 2001-2002 on some coaches. It operates hydraulicly so it must drop the air first!!  Henry

George H. Wall

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
Excuse me, typo, IDS system!!!  HW

Richard Cooper

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
Is the IDS system considered a good thing to have?  

Worries me that it was used only 2001-2002.  Must have not been impressive or popular.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
Richard,
The hydraulic leveling system that you have is a SMC Corporation priority system that was designed to their specifications. It was first used on the 2001 Patriot and Marquis model coaches.

Monaco purchased SMC in 2002 and discontinued that leveling for the 2003 model coaches in favor of the systems that Monaco was using on the Monaco produced coaches. Therefore the system only had a 2 year production run.

Gerald