Author Topic: Air Dump Switch Doesn't Work  (Read 4921 times)

steve zannella

Air Dump Switch Doesn't Work
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:09:39 AM »
Hi I need help with my air bag dump switch. It used to work by turning on the ignition switch, depressing and holding the air dump switch and a light would glow while holding the switch. Now the light doesn't glow and the air is not released from the bags. I checked for power to the switch and 1 of the 4 connectors has power, I also swapped relays for the air dump and it still doesn't work.

The air bags are dumped when I use the RVA leveler in auto level mode.

Any Ideas?

steve

Edward Buker

Re: Air Dump Switch Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Steve,

You checked power to the switch but did not mention that you depressed the button and also checked for voltage out of the switch. Then next at the relay input, and then the output. You could also check the relay and beyond by tieing 12V manually with a temporary jumper to the input and then the output of the air dump relay. If you cannot activate the air dump with a 12V jumper to the output of the relay then it is the wiring to the air dump valve or the valve itself. It could be the systems do not use the same air dump valve but if they do that would help you isolate the problem to the wire between the relay and the valve. I would not be under the coach and measuring voltage with the dump valve switch depressed. You could run a wire from the dump valve to the outside of the coach and use that to measure or apply 12v to check the valve. Hope this helps.

Later Ed

steve zannella

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »
ED
Thanks for the ideas.  I'll check the power out from the switch although the switch has 4 poles.  I'm not sure what they all do. Where would I look for the air dump solenoid?  The 12 volt diagram diagram shows 3 relays for air dumping, air dump, rva air dump and air dump lockout that would suggest at least 2 dump solenoids and some other relationship to a lockout.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:17:55 AM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »
Steve,

Not sure where all the components are located. The 4 poles could be used to drive multiple relays and the light indicator. The best way to find the air dump solenoid valve would be to ask that someone who owns a coach like yours to press the button and by ear try and locate were the valve or valves seem to be sounding off while staying in a safe position. BCS might also offer some advice as to where they are.

Later Ed