Author Topic: Jacks Won't Lower  (Read 5115 times)

Murray Elliott

Jacks Won't Lower
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
I have power at the switches and oil in the tank but my jacks will not lower.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry Ed, we are new to this so didn't include all of the necessary information the first time.
We have a 2003 40 foot Beaver Monterey Motor Home.
The leveling system is Model J II Leveling System, RVA Company

To add to the above information..... i now realize that the hydraulic slides will not operate either so my entire hydraulic system is down.  Is there a breaker or fuse that could be causing this problem and if so, where would it be located?  Any help is very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:08:30 PM by 7522 »

Edward Buker

Re: Jacks Won't Lower
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
Murray,

It would be helpful if you defined what coach you have including the year and what leveling system your coach is using.

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:05:35 AM »
Murray,
If you have power in and out of the jack switches, the next place to check is the pump motor control solenoid. If that solenoid has power in and out when the switch is activated, but the pump does not run, check for power and ground at the pump. If they check OK, you have a bad pump motor. If the solenoid does not activate, check for a bad wire or connection, or a bad control module.

Since your system is microprocessor operated, the control module is the part that is the hardest to diagnose, and normally the most troublesome. If you do not have a wiring diagram for the system, you can find one here: http://www.serenitysys.com/beaver/archives/rva%20II%20leveling%20system_2005.pdf

Gerald

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Our '04 Monterey has the manual RVA system.  Geralds link is to the automatic version.  If you need some documentation on the manual system, try here:  http://www.rvajacks.com/coach_owner.php.  There is also some troubleshooting advice there.