Author Topic: Heat Tape  (Read 4993 times)

Andy Clark

• BAC Member
Heat Tape
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »
Under the galley sink in our '95 Pat is a switch labeled "Heat Tape". Anyone know what this energizes? If it's a water line heat tape, which water line? There's nothing in the Beaver or Spartan manuals about it.

Thanks
Andy
Andy Clark
1995 Patriot 37
300HP Cummings 6CTA8.3
Camano Island WA

Bill Sprague

Re: Heat Tape
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Andy,

I think they used to put some heat tape around the dump valves and water inlet on some models.

Ours has some on the ice maker valve, but it does not have a switch.

Bill

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:27:52 AM »
Andy,
I think that the heat tape on your '95 is configured like the heat tape on my first Beaver, a '93 Patriot on a Spartan chassis.  If so, the fresh water tank is mounted in front of the front axle, and the heat tape is r
run in a zig zag pattern across the bottom of the tank between the tank and the insulation to prevent freezing in very cold weather.

The front end of the floor ducts for the hearing system terminated in the water tank housing, so if the heating system is running the heat tape is not needed, unless the weather is extremely cold.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:28:18 AM by 14 »

Andy Clark

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 02:24:56 AM »
Thanks, Gerald and Bill. That helps.

Andy
Andy Clark
1995 Patriot 37
300HP Cummings 6CTA8.3
Camano Island WA

Harvey Ziegler

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 07:43:03 PM »
Our 04 Monterey has a switched outlet in the basement that is labeled heat tape. It has a heat tape on the water lines to the kitchen as when the curb side slide is out these water lines are located outside as they are mounted on the bottom side of the slide. I have not used it as I do not water in the lines when it is that cold out. Coach gets witerized about 3 times every year.
Harvey & Marilyn Ziegler
2004 Monterey  Newport
350 HP Cummins ISC
2010 Jeep Wrangler