Author Topic: Mystery push button  (Read 4285 times)

Bill Jourdain

Mystery push button
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:21 AM »
I found the push button shown in this photo hanging up under the driver's side dash of my coach just below the steering column.  It is not accessible to the driver while driving as it's too far up under the dash. Any idea what this is?

Thanks.

Bill

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Mystery push button
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
Bill-

The Tridon unit is your heavy duty emergency flasher.  On our coach it is mounted loosely on a steel plate, a few inches square, immediately under the access panel on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel.  Alongside it are a couple of Deutsche brand connectors and the momentary push button switch in your photo.  The switch faces up, and I think it may be for a technician's use when working with some component;  I just don't recall offhand what the component is.  A call to BCS would reveal the switch's function.

If you have a similar steel mounting plate, your flasher and button likely came loose and fell down, or a tech forgot to replace them following some under-dash service.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Thanks, Joel.  I will look and see if a mounting plate is under there.

Bill

exwarrantyman

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
The button you are looking at is for ABS diagnostics and blink codes on dashboard