Author Topic: Brake lights  (Read 2934 times)

John Maguire

Brake lights
« on: July 06, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
I am suffering a sudden and complete failure with my brake lights. I have somewhat limited amount of wiring diagram and simply cannot spot the elusive switch which I believe should be a simple air/12v solenoid...any ideas what and where on a 1992...many thanks and hope all are having a pleasant summer!

Wayne Tull

Re: Brake lights
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:57:36 AM »
Mine are located on the drivers side front under the "Hood".  There are two air switches in series.  

John Maguire

Re: Brake lights
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
I did in fact see those but after testing them and determining they are normally closed switches I am thinking those two are perhaps safety relays...not sure but what wiring diagrams I have and the behavior makes me think they are something else...haven't chased them out but after testing both and having repeatable results with voltmeter and each having an audible click when powered...I am thinking I am going to have to give Gillig a call in the AM and pray someone has a recollection or some documentation on it...as I am restoring from end to end I am thinking I am going to do the entire circuit including the Bendix controller for throttle and cruise etc anyway...found all that behind the bumper but I am not getting any voltage on the stop lights pin so there has to be something between hither and yon somewhere I am missing. As always many thanks.