Author Topic: No Transmission Temp Read Out  (Read 3662 times)

Roy C Tyler

No Transmission Temp Read Out
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
Alternator started over charging to 17 volts and I had to have it replaced.  Now the Transmission Temperature gauge does not work.  I think the Mobile repair guy may have knocked the wire off while he was under the motorhome.  Does anyone have any idea where the wire might be located on the transmission?  He also had to replace the turbo boost boot while he was under there. I did discover that without a turbo, the top speed is 45 mph and it takes a long time to get up to that speed.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: No Transmission Temp Read Out
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »
your lucky to see 45 on our Pat (C13) We had a hose connection loosen and maybe we had 20-25 with no incline! If you have an Aladdin you cab see your trans temp, this is a more accurate indication of temp  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »
Thank you.  I forgot all about the Aladdin.  I have only had this MH for four weeks now and at my age there is a real long learning curve.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58:19 AM »
I have been down the same road Chuck, the Aladdin is your best indicator for temps .
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 02:12:54 AM »
Roy,
The sensor for most dash mounted transmission temperature gauges is located at the transmission cooler line outlet.

Gerald