Author Topic: Clearance light wiring diagram  (Read 2800 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Clearance light wiring diagram
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
Here is a unique problem.  
In the process of replacing the read clearance lights, I am down to the last two.  The furthest right one toward the passanger side was dim or not there before and when I removed the fixture there was no wiring pig tail or bulb.  These lights are daisy chained together so I got hold on the four wires going to the next light over.  I seperated the two that come from the first light but even trying to snake it out to find the first pigtail doesnt work.  I literaly cannot find that first pigtail or light anywhere.

What would be wrong with abandoning the first original wiring to where ever it is and putting in new wires from the second light back to the first.  If there ever was an original light there it would be hidden in the end cap and generating a heat problem or potential short down the road.  
Am I creating a headache for later?  Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

Re: Clearance light wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:49:19 AM »
I would check the hole where the light should be at night and see if it is in the cap and working. If so you should be able to reach it with a wiring snake. If no light shines then rewire it as you described.

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Clearance light wiring diagram
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »
I did just that Ed.  While replacing the last two lights I noticed a light I had already fixed and resealed was no longer working so after the two I had apart were done (rewired and connections verified), now one of the other newly 'fixed' clearance lights is not working again.  Grrrrrrr!
Back at it tomorrow.
Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!