Author Topic: Wet summer :(  Leaks  (Read 3515 times)

David Lynch

Wet summer :(  Leaks
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
After wetting our coach we discovered three leaks and a ruptured insta-hot from our RV dealer not correctly winterizing the system.  They fixed that problem but we continued to have a leak issue.  After the third trip back for repairs, and still leaking,  I removed the water bay panel – inside the basement to view into the inside of the bay and discovered a cracked grey water ABS drain pipe.  I was able to replace the 20 inch section that had cracked all along the seam through the access hole behind the towel dispenser (no easy task).  After adding water to the grey tank I still have a drip coming from the next section of piping after the 45 degree bend up to the tank itself.  My question is if the abs piping is glued to the tank or held in place by a grommet.  Before changing the bad section there were no leaks in that area.  Next question if it is needing to be replaced, how difficult is it to remove the exterior stainless panel to gain access to the inside of the bay to replace the next section.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:11:29 AM by 5 »

Edward Buker

Re: Wet summer :(  Leaks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
David,

As far as how the pipe enters the tank and what type joint holds it I am not sure. As far as difficulty removing the panel it really depends on your individual coach and how much extra flex pipe or wire was used that would allow you to tip the panel out enough to easily disconnect the piping fittings to the panel. My 2002 Marquis was a pain but yours looks much simpler and possibly much easier. A lighted mirror looking through the towel dispenser hole should give you some good clues.

Later Ed

David Lynch

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
Thanks Ed.  I tried the mirror last night and could not find a issue to where the drip is coming from.  Tonight a I am trying a fiber optic camera to get a real good look.  

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
David,

As an aside I thought of having my panel cut so I had access to the lower sewer valves without going through so much pain in the future having to remove the whole panel. Just a thought if you do decide to remove the panel to go to the dark side...

Later Ed

Grant Ralston

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
I am not sure if this photo will help, but my ABS waste lines seem to connect with a friction connection to a glued in connector.  

Grant