Author Topic: slide coming out  (Read 3579 times)

Justin Youngren

slide coming out
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:33:33 PM »
The slide on the passenger side which is the kitchen on our unit sometimes come out at the top if we go around a corner with a bump.  There is a bracket in there but it doesn't fit at the top and where the previous owner used it at the bottom cracked the wood.  Any suggestions?

Bill Sprague

Re: slide coming out
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
If yours is like our '04, what should hold the slide in is the hydraulic system itself.  An extra brace or bracket are not part of the design.  I don't think there were any "hard points" built in for an internal brace or bar to push on.

Justin Youngren

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Is it a major thing to fix?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
Your HWH pump and solenoid manifold are under the coach near the entry step.  The solenoids sometimes leak for various reasons and can be replaced.  Each of your 3 hydraulic slideouts has a set of 2 opposing solenoids, one for IN and one for OUT.  HWH used to recommend replacing both in a set, but advised others here more recently otherwise.  You may also be low in fluid, but the threads below should provide quite a bit of insight.

You should review this thread on the Forum,   http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1371831363/s-all/
and    http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1383584861/s-5/highlight-Solenoids/#num5

then run a search for more threads here about slideout solenoids if you want more info.  Calling HWH can also prove helpful.  If you need it, I can provide you a copy of the solenoid reference in the '06 Monterey owners manual.

Supposedly there is a 1/4" nut driver on the tank fill cap that you can use to check the tightness of the nuts in the center of each solenoid.  If one is obviously not particularly snug, that may be your culprit, but due to the soft brass inside, I wouldn't over muscle any tightening.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:30:39 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat