Author Topic: Locating and installing side glass  (Read 2713 times)

Glenn Scherrer

Locating and installing side glass
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
Looking for a source and some guidance in removing and replacing the side fixed glass     it a insulated unit on a 1998 patriot.   front left side     a rock took out the outer side   the inside of the unit is still ok
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:26:10 PM by 5 »

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Locating and installing side glass
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »
One of the glass creeping seal shops as it requires special equipment. What is your location.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »
Glenn,
I suggest that you call RV Glass Solutions (888-777-6778). They have a nationwide network, specializing in RV glass of all types. Their shops are in Eugene, Oregon and Phoenix, but they probably have a contact with a local shop that is near you that they supply glass to.

Gerald
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:26:49 PM by 5 »

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:54 AM »
Glenn:
When I fixed all  the creeping seals in my Beaver, I broke one of the pieces of glass.  I went to a glass shop in Temecula as that was nearest the CG I was in at the time.  They were able to cut a matching shaped piece of glass (luckily I broke the clear side, not the tinted side) and then send it out to be tempered.  I installed the new piece and all is well.  The installation is simple, requires no special tools, but does require the seal and the right kind of caulking, all of which I got from Dave Root in Bend Oregon(one of the creeping seal replacement guys).
Based on my experience, you should ask at a well equipped glass shop in your community and you should have no trouble finding one that can help you out.