Author Topic: Front Turn Indicators on an '04 Monterery  (Read 3078 times)

Bill Sprague

Front Turn Indicators on an '04 Monterery
« on: October 11, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »
The only turn indicators Beaver gave me that can be seen by anyone beside the motorhome are hung on the bottom of the front mirrors.  The 194 bulbs in them are about as weak and dim as you can find.  

I was in a RV store and found a collection of bulbs for sale.  There were three that had the same base as the 194.  I bought a couple of biggest ones for 86 cents a peace.  They barely fit inside the plastic lens.  

I think they are about three times brighter.  Maybe drivers beside me will see them now!  

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Front Turn Indicators on an '04 Monterery
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:50:37 AM »
Bill I mounted a side marker on the side behind the front wheel same height as the marker front of rear wheel. Wired to the front headlamp park/turn signal. Anything a person can add to the sides of their coach to indicate their intentions to change lanes would improve their safety. Anyway it certainly has for me when Natasha says turn here now.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 03:29:11 AM »
Bill
Be careful if you use your emergency flashers for very long, the bulb may get hot and melt the plastic lens in the turn signals.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
I guess I'm lucky, Jim.  My THN (turn here now) can't read a map  :X .  But somehow every once in awhile I do hear that sudden and always unexpected phrase  ;) .

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
By the way that little light under the mirror is better seen at night than any other time. So small and up so high.  I changed out the 194 incandescent bulb to  194 led.  I have this mental picture as a  car is passing that the driver is sitting in an easy chair and his attention is about his eye level to the road. That little lamp on the mirror doesn't catch much attention 6 ft up.  
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9