Author Topic: Fueling  (Read 12114 times)

Bob Jae

Re: Fueling
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Here is another idea that I think I can make a similar piece out of aluminum bar stock.  The important thing would be to never leave the nozzle unattended and use your hand when getting near full.  I put paper towels around the fill port near the end to try to catch the burp of fuel that always come out.

https://www.quirky.com/invent/150059/action/vote/query/view=trending&categories=all

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 11:35:47 PM »
I would never ever block a fuel nozzle open for any reason, I've seen truckers  do it at truck stops and dump a lot of fuel on the ground because the nozzle did not turn off. I would say if you coaches fuel fill tube will not handle truck stop fueling don't fuel there. On my Thunder I go straight into the tank so I do not have this problem, used to have a service truck that was a bear to get fuel in one of the tanks and it was the fill tube. Just had to live with it.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
I found pulling the nozzle back out until the last coil of holding spring holds it in the tank.  This keeps the tip of the nozzle further from the splash of fuel that shuts it off.    I usually use the gas cap to hold open the handle just the right amount.  Turn the cap sideways and screw it in to hold down the trigger.

Larry