Author Topic: Backfeed Fault  (Read 4739 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Backfeed Fault
« on: December 31, 2014, 05:52:02 AM »
For the first time I saw yesterday a new message on our Magnum inverter's remote:  Backfeed Fault.  It's not in the manual anywhere.

The red Fault lamp was on, and the remote's switches didn't respond, but nothing else was obviously wrong.  The coach had been parked for months with main switches off and only solar power input and stable at 13.2-13.4v.  Now there was a voltage readout of 12.2 v., not exactly an optimum number.

What caused the change I have no clue.  I contacted Magnum and they didn't offer a causal explanation, but the fix was simple enough - just press and hold the small on/off/reset button on the inverter's front until the green lamp flickers and then turn on the inverter power on the remote.  I plugged in the coach to AC power.  It immediately went to Bulk Charge.  All seems well again, but who knows what tripped the unit.

This is info for anyone who runs into similar issues in the future.

Joel
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:54:04 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: Backfeed Fault
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »
Joel, I've just started getting this same fault message - 3 times in December. It seems to correlate with me starting the Onan to supplement the inverter to operate the coffee maker or microwave.
I still have the Xantrex RS2000.
Unnerving when it suggests the issue should be serviced immediately. So far just deleting the fault message has resolved the problem, at least for the time being.

Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9