Author Topic: Wiring for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as TOAD  (Read 4052 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Wiring for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as TOAD
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »
Larry has managed to install a Blue Ox Base Plate on our Jeep along with the Air Force One Braking System.  He is having issues putting in the Blue Ox wiring harness for the lights on the toad.  He has pulled out the back seats and the entire tank area but can not locate the wiring for the tail lights.  Has anyone else done this?  Can you give us some pointers if you have.  Our next step is to put it all back together and find someone qualified to do the install.  Our Wrangler was a much easier install!
Thanks,
Laura
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Wiring for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as TOAD
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:18:53 AM »
Laura,
If the Grand Cherokee has a tow receiver and light connection on the rear you should able to tap into the system there. Other than that, can't help with advice on locating or tying into the existing wiring, but you may want to check out the wiring kits Blue Ox offers; both incandescent and LED versions. The advantage is that the tow light wiring is completely separate from the toad's system. I've installed the incandescent versions on both my Wrangler and Liberty and have been very satisfied.

Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Re: Wiring for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee as TOAD
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:32:46 AM »
Steve
           Thanks for the suggestion. I will be calling Blue Ox tomorrow and see what other options they may suggest. I was trying to install their 4 diode wiring kit but was only able to locate the 2 brake light wires (Lt and Rt) and only the Lt turn wire in the Loom. Unfortunately after an 8 hour day everything is put back together. The Wrangler had a quick kit, sort of plug and play, but they don't have the same for the Grand Cherokee. Tomorrow I will Punt!

Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15