Author Topic: Tire Presure Monitoring Install  (Read 11852 times)

Mike Groves

Re: Tire Presure Monitoring Install
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
Ed,

I am guessing, since you don't have a bleed valve on that contraption, that you're using an air compressor other than your coach's air.

For others, like myself, who have built our own based on a youtube video, and using the coach air system, as the pressure goes below the target tire pressure you simply flip the bleed switch for a couple seconds which takes the coach air pressure down below its start up pressure, it then starts up, and after it again goes above your target pressure, you can continue filling the tires. 

There are actually 2 youtube videos, the original didn't have this feature and required 2 people to fill the air or a single person willing to hop in the coach and press the air brakes to bleed the pressure.

Here's the link to the 2nd one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5fK54DKWP0

Mike

Edward Buker

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »
Mike,

I am aware of that device. For the road I have a small 120V compressor that allows me not to fire up the engine in a campground and where I park the coach at home is next to my shop with a large compressor system so I am pretty well covered. Thanks for the info, it is a good choice if you need to use the coach air system and it is set high enough pressure wise.

Later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 05:53:58 AM »
As my great grandsons would say, Ed, "Sweet!"

Now if a Snap-On truck just happens to pull up in front of my house tomorrow...    ;D

Joel
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:55:50 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat