Author Topic: Beaver got me again!  (Read 4003 times)

Bill Sprague

Beaver got me again!
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »
I am convinced that our Beaver was built during the peak of the vacation season when all off the senior and skilled people in the Bend plant were camping somewhere!  Either that, or the crew had a few folks that liked practical jokes!  We have dealt with an amazing list of silly issues since taking delivery!  I thought we had found them all by now.  But, they "got me" one more time.

We have a new wire haired weiner dog.  He started licking around the floor below the 4 door Norcold.  Tastey water was coming out.  The drip tray below the cooling fins was full!  We have been camping in a damp environment for a couple of months so I was not surprised there was more condensation than usual, yet I thought it was supposed to drain somewhere.  We went to work on it thinking something may be blocking the drain hole.  

Since the tray was full and I didn't want to spill it, I thought I would try first from the outside of the rig.  Near where the propane burner is, there is a soft white rubber tube that comes out the back of the fridge and drops into a larger blue pex tube that aims down.  The soft rubber tube is only held in the blue tube with gravity.  It looked like a drain, so I pulled the white tube out of the blue tube thinking I might hold a shop vac to it or even risk sucking on it.

To my surprise the folks at Bend had left a black plastic plug in the tube.  I popped the plug out with my fingers, put the white tube back in the blue tube and about a pint of water flowed out under the rig!  Beaver had gone to the extra expense and trouble of putting in a drain tube to bypass the evaporation pan and the installer goofed it up or played a prank on me.  

My dear wife said she always thought the lettuce drawer was a little damp.  

I wonder what the next Beaver surprise will be?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Beaver got me again!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »
Leave it to a German to get something repaired - thank you, Weiner dog.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat