Author Topic: Side outs HELP to slide or how not to slide that is the question!  (Read 3515 times)

GARY AND CONNIE HARMAN

Side outs HELP to slide or how not to slide that is the question!
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
New Day new Issue,
Basically when I press drivers side out  to extend  bedroom slide  both ds bedroom and front DS slides go out  when I press retract in  bedroom  only DS bedroom comes in comes .  DS front slide will only come in with emergency procedure a real pain. Front switches operate nothing:) >) :(
    So...is there a way to disable extension of front  DS slide  and still be able to keep DS bedroom slide function. I could retract DS slide out and  disable it  before or after retraction action,hopefully 
I have 4 slides totally screwed up by unqualified repair facility.  a whole other story  The  front retract switches do nothing. to anything.  It would be great If we could use at least one slide before we go to HWH Master tech repair facility.  we have appointment in 4 weeks but have a 3,000 mile tripe planned nest week No slides mean no access to most everything except closet in bedroom and with the king size bed and two Boxers (dogs)  in there it would be tight all around. doable at least. 

Perhaps isolate something and disconnect whatever   can the hydraulic ram be disabled or gears that the ram uses to move room electrical disconnect option  Any thoughts,  suggestions or funny stories would be appreciated.  If necessary we will just pull them all in and go old school without slides  cozy I'm sure. 
This is basically an extension of my Location, Location  from earlier post which was wisely moved to members only area .  Thanks agin for any possible solutions         

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Side outs HELP to slide or how not to slide that is the question!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
Gary, the streetside bedroom slide should be electric, and not work off the solenoids.

Boy, that outfit really left you hanging, and nevertheless made their profit.  Whether the original problem was electric or not, they must have messed the electrical side up for you too now.  Disabling the ram hydraulic doesn't sound advisable - you'll possibly lose fluid and introduce air in the process, though I'm no hydraulics expert.  And how they got the electric bed slide crossed up with the hydraulic main slide out function has to be electric - a common-wired relay perhaps, that shouldn't be common?  Hopefully someone here more versed in that than I can advise you.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat