Author Topic: 95 Beaver Allison dataport location?  (Read 4828 times)

Mike And Mary Engen

95 Beaver Allison dataport location?
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
At Allison service center now to clear a Service fault on a 3060MD Allison transmission on a Spartan chassis, 8.3 Cummins, 95 Beaver Patriot Trenton.  Does anybody know dataport location?

Thanks ahead of time.

Mike Engen

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: 95 Beaver Allison dataport location?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »
The Allison controller is usually in the bay in front of the drivers side front tire. It is a composit box with an Allison emblem on it. Not sure if that is what you are talking about.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
I am not positive on that model, but the Allison dataport should be in the LF electrical bay or in the dash. If it is in the dash, it will be visible under the dash or by lifting the access panel (attached with Velcro) on the top of the dash.

Gerald

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
Thanks Gerald & Robert,

They found the cause of my fault, a linkage piece that has something to do with fuel and the throttle.  My "service" light is now out and shifting properly.  Somehow the fault cleared and I will check the electrical bay.  They looked at the dash and by the engine.  Once I find out for positive, I will post so somebody  else will know in future.

Mike

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
Thanks to the group for the support, I did find the data port.  Steve Rankin that previously owned an identical coach provided this information.

The data port is inside the carpet & plywood box to the left of the driver’s seat.  The same box that the shift quadrant lives on.  As I recall there are small wood trim pieces at the bottom of the box that help hold the carpet in place.  The data port is at the front part of the box, so concentrate your efforts on the front.  It is accessible without removing the entire carpet or box.

As a side note, make sure to lubricate throttle (grease fittings) and fuel pump linkages on this vintage coach.  This did not show up on any of my service/lube drawings.

Hopefully this info helps a BAC member with a 95 coach getting serviced in the future.  8)

Mike