Author Topic: Electric Heater for 40' Beaver Contessa  (Read 9746 times)

Corey Osborne

Electric Heater for 40' Beaver Contessa
« on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:32 PM »
Hey all I am looking for a safe electric heater that can run with both thermostat and safety shutoff if it tips over inside the motorhome when I am there and then when I am not, something that will be more efficient than my hurricane to keep everything warm when I am not there every other weekend at least above freezing.

any thoughts would be appreciated suggestions to include, Wal-Mart, amazon etc...

Roger Rempe

Re: Electric Heater for 40' Beaver Contessa
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »

Corey Osborne

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »
how is the thermostat in relationship to relative temp is it close?

Roger Rempe

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:25:32 PM »
Very close. A few years back we were looking for one so, I searched on all the RV forums where someone had posted asking your question. The Vornado kept popping up as a favorite. We full time and have used it quite a bit.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
For all intents and purposes 120 VAC electric heats all put out the same amount of heat, have thermostats. and a tip over safety device.  One past the basic performance the differences between a $19.00 heater and a $200.00 one with be in the packaging, marketing, and other features like rotating, quite fan motor and etc.

I use the cheapest Walmart model that was available and it does the job.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »
We've used one of the Vornado heaters. A little pricey but, it does a great job of even heating through out.
http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-Vortex-Automatic-Climate-Control/dp/B000GLHVZA/ref=sr_1_2/189-3151464-9706736?ie=UTF8&qid=1450365261&sr=8-2&keywords=vornado+room+heaters

Another advantage of Vornado heaters is that the air exits the heater at a very low temperature so there is little risk of fire even if something draped over the heater and impeded its airflow.  Most of us don't have drapes which might flap and do this, but coats or other objects might slide off a chair and have the same effect.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »
I agree with Dick in that all 120 volt electric produce about the same amount of heat, but I have used a Vornado heater and it is far superior to the cheap Walmart type heaters because it circulates the heat that it produces so well. Heat is not of much benefit if it is not in the right place. Like being around a camp fire on a very cold night, only one side of you is warm.

Gerald 

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
I have and use the small portable EdenPURE GEN2 Quartz Infrared Heater.  It fits under the dining table, is extremely QUIET and keeps my Contessa very comfortable.

john brunson

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 02:25:53 AM »
Pelonis disc furnace.... The thermostat is great...  You can set it to 35 and that's what the room will be- 35 degrees.

Corey Osborne

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
Thanks everyone heading up to the river for Christmas plan to get her warm and comfortable and protect us against there crazy Arizona weather we are getting.