Author Topic: door locks/keyless entry  (Read 17358 times)

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
door locks/keyless entry
« on: February 28, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »
All of a sudden we are having trouble with our keyless entry.  One of the fobs works fine but the other, just all of a sudden, only works sporadically.  Yes,  have new batteries in both fobs.  At the same time that the fob stopped working the "lock" button on the keyless entry system at the front door also stopped working.  Also having trouble with the "cargo door" lock and unlock on the fob.  That has been a bit of an ongoing frustration.  I have looked under the dash for the antenna and didn't find it also cannot Help!
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Bryan Schmidt

• BAC Member
Re: door locks/keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:42:25 AM »
Dale,

On our 2005 Monterey, the keyless pad reset is tucked in behind an approx 5"x5" wood plate, held on with Velcro, down besides the passenger seat, right side floor, in the coach wall, almost opposite of the outside keypad itself.    For us, the panel is just aft of the fire extinguisher by the passenger seat.   

Our front door keypad went bad back in 2010 but both the key fobs still work ok..  I did have 1 fob that refused to work with 2 different new button cell batteries, but with swapping the batteries between the fobs and other new cells, we finally got a pair that works consistently from 50' + from the coach..

Bryan
2005 Montrery 36' Ventura IV
Cat C9
Towing a Pathfinder
Navigated by 2 cats

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:26:33 PM »
Thank you for the replay.  Had the cover off, lots of wires, there is a metal box mounted to the interior wall of the coach in side of this cabinet, can not feel any type of reset button.  There is reset button on top of dash with the engine monitor is mounted.  Will keep looking, I have read most of the blogs on keyless entry.  Dale 
Dale Soule'

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »
On my 06 PT the reset button is up under the pass switch panel cup holder. It is a very small black push button switch with a red button. It it pretty easy to miss if.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:15:26 AM »
In my '04 Marquis I found all the keyless stuff behind the 5"x 5" access door near the lower right corner of the co-pilot's seat as described by Mr. Schmidt.  There too I found the reset button.  The button was on the end of a couple wires laying on the floor immediately inside the access door.  I did not see the button at first because it was in the shadow immediately behind the lower edge of the access door.  Not until I used my little LED light to look inside the box did I see it.

As I recall the reset button was about the diameter of a pencil and only an inch long or so, and laying loosely on the floor such that it could be pulled out the access door several inches.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:41:35 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mark Bryant

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 02:19:40 AM »
On 06 Monterey the the control box is under the panel on top of the dash. The rest button on the top of the box. Also I have a new control box and new key fobs if you need them, came with new door panel.

Dale Walker

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 02:43:11 AM »
Very interested in this thread, because, my outside key pad doesn't work. Dumb me, because the fobs both work, I wasn't to worried about it. Now that I have a thread to refer to, I will now see if I can find why the key pad doesn't light up. Thanks.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 03:05:56 AM »
I have two keyfobs but don't use them often.  I think they work.  lol   Anyways, while we were in Houston for a month from mid Nov to mid Dec we endured a couple downpours.  The keypad got water in it and stopped tweeting when the buttons were pushed.   After an application of Lexel around the edges while in Houston and now after 2 1/2 months of drying time, the tweeting works perfectly again.  Also, I have noticed the keypad will not tweet properly if it gets hot in the direct sun.  Apparently, the keypads don't like water nor hot sun.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 05:44:19 AM »
Gentlemen, Thank you.  I have had the magazine rack apart (back side) four screws, lots of wire and splices twisted and turned almost all of them.  no reset button.  There is a reset button  on the dash over the steering wheel mounted on a plate with the engine computer hookup.  Does not seem to make any difference.
Dale Soule'

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 05:52:06 AM »
Mark, I may be interested in a week or two. I'm not sure there is enough room to work.  We are in Laughlin, Nv. Headed to Mesquite, Nv.  Then back to Reno.  Dale
Dale Soule'

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
Dale, you might check here for assistance:   http://www.keyless.com/KE-1700%20Main.htm     
but I think there's at least one other manufacturer out there, and yours may not be a match.

The controller is a small black box under the dash access panel, as Mark mentioned.

Joel
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:38:06 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
Gentlemen, Thank you.  I have had the magazine rack apart (back side) four screws, lots of wire and splices twisted and turned almost all of them.  no reset button.  There is a reset button  on the dash over the steering wheel mounted on a plate with the engine computer hookup.  Does not seem to make any difference.
In mine the reset button was actually accessible from outside the coach when I took the keypad out to figure out an obnoxious continuous beeping.  Cut wires, beeping gone.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Michael Hannan

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 06:46:16 AM »
Dale, not sure if this your lock model or not.  I ordered one and it comes with the reset button attached.

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/AKE-1601M.html

MJ

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Michael I appreciate the offer, room to work in there is very tight, I was able to get one key fob to work 96% of the time the other about 55%. Other than that it's the old key trick.  I'm not through as of yet.  We're in Mesquite for another week then headed home.  Dale
Dale Soule'

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:47 AM »
I have a 2006 Monterey with a keyless entry system that does not work. I bought the coach used and have no idea the code. No remotes. My system has numbers and the word lock. I called Essex as my paperwork says it is their system but they tell me that their system does not use the word lock just numbers. I was wondering if anyone knows who manufactured my system. Lightening will lock our doors so we have had to leave a window unlocked to be able to enter our coach after a storm
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9