Author Topic: Sweating the Allison Temps in the Mountains  (Read 11602 times)

Edward Buker

Re: Sweating the Allison Temps in the Mountains
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 11:54:45 PM »
Jerry,

Amsoil Torque Drive Synthetic specifically mentions TES295 as an Allison application on their website if that is what you have. On the Allison site it does not mention that specific fluid as being TES295 approved but that may not really be an issue, it may be that they never sought and paid for approval. I'm not sure I would change it if an analysis was done and it passed all the tests. There may be others using that fluid and can provide some info on temperature and their experience.

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerald Cate

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
Jerry,

This photo is an excerpt from the Allison 3000/4000 owners manual.  Pretty much says what Gerald has said.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 04:03:26 AM »
Bruce, thank you.  When it gets hot I don't have to run at idle, by the time I slow down It is already rapidly decreasing in temp.  Engine temp is usually rock solid at 188 and never seen it higher than 195.  Funny today, running at same speed in 5th as I did in 6th.  Higher RPM in 5th, obviously, and transmission stayed at 212-223.  As soon as I shifted back to 6 it started rising.  Cruise in 62 the whole time.
Can you email that manual to me or send a link?  Thanks again.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Gerald Farris

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 04:38:11 AM »
Jerry,
If the Amsoil fluid in your transmission is 295 compliant, it should give service equivalent to TranSynd, and I would not change it unless a fluid analysis indicated that it was advisable. It is expensive enough to change transmission fluid when you need to, but it is too expensive to change when it is not necessary. 

Gerald 

Jerald Cate

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:30 AM »
Jerry,

I can scan the manual when I get home at the end of the month, it's not that large.  If you haven't heard from me by the 1st of July ping me and I'll get it done.