Author Topic: Lost Center Chrome Piece on Front Wheel - Source for Replacement?  (Read 4430 times)

Mike Groves

All,

Not sure what you call the chrome piece on the front wheels which surrounds the oil fill location on those front wheels of the SMC era coaches.  I lost one this last trip (after having my front tires balanced with "counteract" at Les Schwab).

Do you know which piece I mean or do I need to try posting a photo.  Is there a source and what are these pieces called?

Thanks,
Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Lost Center Chrome Piece on Front Wheel - Source for Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
Mike,
They are called baby moons. Most truck supply outfits have them as should BCS. They are often casualties after wheel work if you don't check that the service guys installed them tightly.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »
Mike , I am missing a dress ring or two my self.  Last summer at BCS parts Larry told me that suppliers have changed and finding ones with the right tabs in the right places is tough.  Dont just buy the first ones you find.
Our axles that have the fluid fill bearings use a doughnut dress ring that leave the center open.  I have often thought they should have baby moons in the middle.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Groves

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
Keith,

Exactly, the doughnut in the middle for the oil fill.  I took the other one off and will travel without it so that it too doesn't decide to jump off. 

Mike

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »
Take the one off that you still have and count the tabs needed then practice putting it on correctly. You can find them at truck stops with or without the hole in the center.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:21:51 AM »
BCS let me try a set.  They looked just like the originals still on the coach.  Same number of tabs but the wide tabs and narrow tabs didnt line up.  Just a heads up!

2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!