Author Topic: ABS Control module  (Read 2594 times)

Joe Rhea

ABS Control module
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
My ABS light came on alone with the ATC light. I don't know what all that effects. We have a appointment Tuesday morning with a truck shop in Rapid City SD. The reset is located under the panel located in the dash.
I assume we have lost a sensor on one of the rear wheels and that is what brought the traction control on. I hope someone knows where the module is located to help cut down on mechanic time. We are also experiencing transmission problems with shifting.
Thanks
Joe 

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
Re: ABS Control module
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:06:34 PM »
Hi Joe. I have a 05 laguna III so I am thinking it should be close. (?!?) Any way the manual indicates a Eaton ABS/ATC. After much consternation I discovered it was a Bendix unit. (completely different error codes). It was located on the back wall of the first storage compartment second bay door from front (not aquahot compartment) on the passengers side. If Bendix, they have or did have an excellent telephone support and video's (I think youtube.) as well as documentation. I did have a sensor problem and with Bendix, the overwhelming cause is the sensors walking out according to them. They had me go under and told me where to push and it resolved the problem.

Also what kind of shifting problems are you having? I am having a little of my own.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:08:17 PM by Jim Edwards »
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 01:48:48 PM »
Joe, believe your ABS and ATC control is made by Mentor Walco and unit is located by the back
rear axle. It is easy to locate because air lines coming into unit on both sides along with wires.
Your ATC is locked in and your Differental is binding because ( no slippage on dry road surface )
Which is going back to the transmission shifting. Example: like a 4x4 pickup in four wheel drive
Driving on dry road and transmission locks up and hard shifting. We had to change the unit in
back mentor Waco assembly on some of our trucks to correct problem or disconnect the ATC
part of unit. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Joe Rhea

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
Thanks Jim and Dave for your reply.
It is a Bendix unit as Jim described and located the same place. It has been diagnosed as bad and I hope the tech is correct.
Joe