Author Topic: door locks/keyless entry  (Read 17335 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: door locks/keyless entry
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
Many Beavers use Essex systems, but ours is a Magnadyne I think.  Not sure they make these anymore as I can't find them on their website, but you may find help from them.  This may be a pertinent manual;  I don't have easy access to ours at the moment:  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/97487/Magnadyne-Keypad-Keyless-Entry-System-Mke-100.html

There are companies making remotes and such that may be helpful.
https://www.remotesunlimited.com/remote-products/car-alarm-systems/MAGNADYNE.php

There is also an (Essex?) document here that may offer insight:  http://keylessentrylocks.com/pdfs/VehicleKeypadPDF.pdf.   Skip to the KE-1701 model.

Further info may be on the small black controller module just beneath the pry-up, velcroed-down access panel in the dash top, just in front of the steering wheel.

Joel
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:22:53 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Russ Mann

Reprogramming door locks/keyless entry
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
Tom,

Most of the 2006 Montereys had the Magnadyne MKE-300A which is no longer available. I tried NWSUPPLY and Verlinks and neither one has any.

Page 146 of the 2006 Monterey Manual in the library section tells you how to reprogram the keypad. Hope this helps.

Bob Jae

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
Mine is Magnadyne.  The attached manual worked for mine.

Steve Funk

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
Mine too is the Magnadyne MKE-300 I believe.  It did not work when I bought the coach 2 years ago.  I called Magnadyne in California and spoke to a tech that new how to get these older units all programed and working.  He was very helpful. The MKE-300 doesn't even show up on their web page but perhaps they can help
Magnadyne Compton CA 310 735-2000 its worth a call

PS my key pad doesn't work if there is any moister around it.  If its raining it doesn't work.  The key fobs work just not the touch pad.

Good luck

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »
My keyless entry keypad stopped working during and after a gusher rain storm in Houston in late 2015.  After it dried out it worked fine again.  While it was dried out and working I put a thin smear of Lexel with my finger around it and over the keys trying to seal out the rain in future events.  It has worked fine since.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dan Murphy

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
On our Contessa they used a system made by TRI-Mark I will try to attach the info they sent me to use when I needed to reset

Steve Funk

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »
I called Beaver Coach in Bend and was told they have four of the remotes for the 06 Monterey key fob available.$165 each!  Ouch ...don't lose the one you have.

John Moore

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the protective film is on the magnadyne keypad, mine has moisture behind it so I removed it. Thanks