Author Topic: Front Cap movement@ Pass Windshield  (Read 2011 times)

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Front Cap movement@ Pass Windshield
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »
    Hi Guys,
I had both my windshields replaced about 4 months ago. I haven't driven the coach since as me and my Bride have been living in it as our house was being built. The guy who replaced them (Andy @ Superglass) advised that the passenger top Eyebrow was moving as I aired up the suspension and or stowed the jacks. Well....he was right and the new windshield broke at the top corner on the passenger side. The only thing that I noticed was this. As I aired up the suspension, the left rear was really lazy coming up to ride height. I had my coach weighed about 1 year ago and my left rear dual is 400 pound over the axle weight. There is nothing I can do about that because there is nothing I can remove or relocate. I did change the height control valve yesterday and it now comes up almost level looking from the rear. I need some advice if this fixed the issue. Windshields at 1200.00 each is a pricey learning curve.
   Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Lee Welbanks

Re: Front Cap movement@ Pass Windshield
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
Darn that is a pricey curve, I guess your coach is racking if it does not level up equal. The 400 lbs shouldn't make any difference to the air system. I've had this coach air up goofy and had to reboot the HWH system to clear it, but it has cause any problems.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks