Author Topic: Signal Light Flasher Question  (Read 2194 times)

Bart Mix

Signal Light Flasher Question
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:02:17 AM »
My signal light flasher has partially failed. It still operates the signal lights but no longer makes an audible "click". Due to where I have my steering wheel positioned comfortably since I can't hear a "click" I occasionally leave the lights flashing for extended periods until I catch it. I just replaced the flasher & it clicks but not very loud. I am not hard of hearing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to be able to increase the sound or perhaps add an additional signal lamp more visible for my driving position?
Thanks!
Bart from VA
03 Beaver Monterey
GMC 2500 HD in tow

Gerald Farris

Re: Signal Light Flasher Question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
Bert,
There are many options to deal with your issue. You can probably find one if you search on You Tube like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ7fexb4bc

Gerald

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »
Bart, thanks for asking the question.  Where is your flasher located? I have been wanting to replace mine and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited

Bart Mix

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:59:56 AM »
Paul - my flasher was hanging down from the underneath of top of the dash on the left side of the coach. It looks just like a normal round plastic, 2 prong flasher - an EL 12 flasher from O'Reily Auto is about $12 but can be bought through Amazon for $7-$9.
Bart from VA
The following users thanked this post: Paul Meehan

Bart Mix

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:01:09 AM »
Gerald - Thanks! I will check it out!
Bart from VA
The following users thanked this post: Paul Meehan