Author Topic: Front airbags not deflating  (Read 2318 times)

Eric Palmer

Front airbags not deflating
« on: March 03, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »
I've been chasing an air, leak for those of you who haven't seen my previous posts, and so far no luck in pinning it down. Now I noticed, when I press the air dump button and bring the pressure to 0psi, the front airbags seem to be still inflated! They are still hard to the touch and don't feel or look like the rear bags which are most definitely deflated. Also, the height of the coach off the ground doesn't change. What does the air dump solenoid/valve look like and has anyone else ever experienced this?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:50:48 PM by Eric Palmer »

Roy C Tyler

Re: Front airbags not deflating
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 07:48:40 PM »
When I park beside my house, I back in and the driveway slopes down in the back.  I dump all the air out of the tanks.  My front will drop to where the steps are a couple of inches above the cement, but the back will hardly dump at all.  The coach is still seeking a level position due to the levelers.

Eric Palmer

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
I park on a sloped driveway as well with the front of the coach higher than the back, so thats backwards from how your coach reacts. I also tried dumping the air while on a level parking lot and still the front airbags would not deflate.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 08:41:47 PM »
Eric,
It sounds like you have an inoperative dump valve. The design, number, and location of dump valves will vary greatly between coaches depending on the leveling system used and coach model. Since you did not say what type of leveling system you have, this may not be beneficial, but here is some information on how HWH system air dumps work; https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml57000-018.pd

Gerald

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
If you're having difficulty locating the document which Gerald attached above just add a 'f' at the end of the URL. Should be 'pdf' rather than 'pd'.

Thank you Gerald, a great reference document.

Bob
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9