Author Topic: Slide Room Creeping In Curbside  (Read 2114 times)

Gary Donges

• BAC Member
Slide Room Creeping In Curbside
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »
Our 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder bedroom curbside slide room started creeping in virtually overnight. We hopped in the Patriot for a 300 mile jaunt, all was fine. Upon arrival the room creeped in fully within 15 minutes after deploying. After reading some old posts in the technical section and the owners manual I was lead to the right area to correct the problem. What I have to add is, my coach has 4 slides and 6 (that’s right 6) solenoids on the hydraulic pump. Two had been recently changed with an apparently updated solenoid that doesn’t have the 1/4” release nuts to tighten. They have a plastic “flipper” instead that opens and closes the valve. After tightening the standard release nuts on 4 of the valves the room still creeped. As it turns out, one of the flipper valved solenoids was the culprit causing the creep. I exercised the flipper valve through several openings and closings and it solved the problem completely and immediately.

Gary Donges
Beaver Patriot Thunder Lexington IV 2006 40ft. (2017-    )
C13 Cat
Lake Almanor, CA
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Slide Room Creeping In Curbside
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
Gary, only 3 of your slides are hydraulic which is why you have only 3 “in” solenoids and 3 “out” ones.  If your bed is streetside, it’s slide mechanism is probably electric.  The solenoid pairs are usually numbered #1 streetside front, #2 curbside rear (commonly a hydraulic scissors slide), and #3 curbside front.

Thanks for the heads up on the “flipper” valves.  I hadn’t heard about such an animal.  Doesn’t sound like they’re anymore reliable than the release nut ones.  We’ll have to check HWH’s website for more insight I reckon.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:41:40 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gary Donges

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 04:06:25 AM »
Good info Joel. Thanks for the follow up.
Gary Donges
Beaver Patriot Thunder Lexington IV 2006 40ft. (2017-    )
C13 Cat
Lake Almanor, CA

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »
    For those out there who have the treaded shaft with the 1/4" nut on it, The reservoir fill cap has a 1/4" molded socket built into the cap for your convenience to release the pressure on the respective solenoid that is suspect.
   For those out there who cannot figure out which solenoid is causing the "creep out or creep in" make an educated guess and trace the wires from that solenoid to the connector and pull the plug apart. Go and operate the slides and see which one quit working and put a label on it. Eventually you will find the one causing the issue. Remember if the room is creeping out in transit, your looking for the solenoid that activates when you retract the room and vice-versa if the room is creeping in if it was extended. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson