Author Topic: Inverter troubles  (Read 1841 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Inverter troubles
« on: June 28, 2021, 10:39:16 PM »
We have a Xantrex model RV2012 and an RC7 GS remote controller.  I am unable to get power to outlets when not connected to shore power.  I tried to reboot the inverter with no result.  The image shows no light on the inverter indicator. Can anyone offer me some counsel?

We're hoping to use Harvest Hosts for our Milwaukee to Boston trip in a few weeks but need live outlets for our CPAPs.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Inverter troubles
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 11:39:31 PM »
We have different equipment, Xantrex Freedom 3000w inverter and a different remote, but when we see this happen, I first try going through the settings to see if the "invert" setting has changed from INVERT to STANDBY, or some such terminology.  In the past, I have cycled the setting through STANDBY and back to INVERT and was successful in making the INVERT light switch back on.

You're getting 120v when plugged in because the 120v is passing through the inverter and, therefore, the inverter is not needed to convert 12v from the batteries to 120v for your 120v circuits.  I am hoping your inverter is simply confused and needs a helping hand to get started inverting again.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 12:24:22 AM »
    Lawrence,
 If you can go to Coach Assist and scroll down to inverter remotes RC-7, on page 27 it explains the LEDS. On shore power the inverter LED should be flashing which indicates it is on "standby" If the inverter is "on" (no shore power) the LED should be solid green. I think your issue may be internal. I would try a "hard reset" to see if it will reset. Unplug the coach and remove the 12 volt cables from the inverter for 5 minutes. You will get a large spark (normal) when you reconnect the cables. See if it resets. Hope this helps< Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 09:30:09 PM »
Thanks, Fred.  I'm not comfortable futzing with power cables and the thought of a big spark makes me nervous.  I've booked into campgrounds for our trip so a working inverter is moot.  I'll ask for some hands-on help at the next rally that we're able to attend.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 11:43:48 PM »
   Lawrence.
 Let me ask you this. While plugged into shore power, do you have 120 volt power at all the recepticles that you normally have power to? If not you may have a tripped GFI or circuit breaker in one of your storage bays ceiling. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6