Author Topic: No Water pressure??  (Read 14377 times)

Edward Buker

Re: No Water pressure??
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
Fred,

I have yet to enjoy that experience but one could certainly see how that mistake is made.....I think by all rights Beaver should have put a huge caution sign over that water inlet.

There is probably a need for invention here, much like a car airbag arrangement. When the sensor of impending disaster in the vent pipe sees the brown brew heading for the roof, it then anticipates the creation the "Geyser Of Doom".  Through the miracle of modern science it then blows open a settling pond bladder on the roof, sounds the "all hands leave the deck " voice alarm that enables at least a minute of escape time for us retirees. We do move slow...

I readily give up my patent rights to someone who has actually had the experience like yourself Fred :-)

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »
                  Sorry Guys,

I didn't really mean to take you down that "Rabbit Trail" it's Ed's comment that triggered it, sorry Ed....BTW the coach was an '04 American Eagle which uses a Sealand toilet. I could tell all sorts of horror stories but I don't believe it would edify any of us who are trying to help one another.

Regards, Fred

Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Roy Deeble

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 02:03:54 AM »
Fred,

Perhaps off subject but your rabbit trail makes me feel much better.  I purchased my third  coach new in 2004 and shortly after arriving home I decided to fill the fresh water tank.  Opened the water bay hooked up the hose and proceeded to fill the tank.  My prior two coaches didn't have black rinse so not use to looking any farther than that one connection familiar to me as in the Safari Trek I traded.  I had parked the new coach listing to the passenger side, but unlike you that spared me from the shower of water flowing from the roof vent. Water now off I proceeded to open the mid passenger door and damn near got washed off my feet.  The Sealand toilet valve couldn't hold back the vent pressure and my new carpet was soaked in Theford Aqua Chem blue   Only the slide carpet survived the flood.

Finally I am not the only one I know of that has embarssed one self filling the water tank. Today with over 40 years of RV'ing experience I read this tech forum religiously because I know what I know not.
Thanks to all.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks