Author Topic: No Water pressure??  (Read 14378 times)

Clinton n Mary Ann Anderson

• BAC Member
No Water pressure??
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »
Well we're in Camp Verde Arizona and as soon as we conneted to city water we have lost all water pressure, both the pump and city water barely trickle. Filters?? Was working fine two hours earlier on the pump, but before city water. Any input is appreciated.
Mary Ann
2009 Beaver Patriot Thunder 45'

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: No Water pressure??
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 05:38:41 AM »
The first thing I would check is the hot and cold valves on the outside shower (the one in the water bay). Make sure they are completely off.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
Make sure you have not forgotten or inadvertently turn d on your tank fill switch if so equipped.

Clinton n Mary Ann Anderson

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Tank fill switch is off, outdoor shower/faucet is off. Looking at some older posts we're still guessing its filters. On the road now to purchase some. Thanks for the input guys ;)
2009 Beaver Patriot Thunder 45'

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »
It would seem strange that the filters would plug up so rapidly and the plugging would have to happen while you were disconnected or the instant you were re-connected to a water source. Seems unlikely...

I would look at the inlet pressure regulator where you connect the hose to the coach. You could remove the 4 screws, pull it out and temporarily bypass it to see if that is the issue.

Consider pulling some hose connections to diagnose this problem. From the inlet I believe a hose travels over to the fill solenoid valve, possibly a filter/screen if you have one, and the outlet side of the water pump should all have pressure and flow when connected to an outside water source. If you have no flow or pressure there it would point back to the regulator or water feed hose between the two. From accessing the water pump area you should be able to find which waterline is the likely water feed that comes from the pressure regulator fitting on the panel. 

Later Ed
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:24:00 PM by Edward Buker »

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »
          Hi Mary ann,

You mentioned that before you connected to city water, you had pump pressure inside the coach? Have you checked to see if you are getting water out of your city water hose before it connects to the coach? If there is, check to see if there is water pressure where your reel output connects to the output at your water pump plumbimg. (I believe you have access back behind the water bay thru the compartment just forward of it) I have also seen the brass pressure regulator come apart internally and block the water flow. If you're inclined, keep taking stuff apart until you find the restriction.

Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 01:33:16 AM »
One time I plugged up all the screens in my faucets, yes at the same time, with what looked like calcium.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:17 AM »
I wanted to throw this suggestion in just for giggles...  Before hooking your water line up to someone else's water faucet - be it in a RV park, someone's home,... whatever - run a few gallons out onto the ground.  Many times if a faucet has not been used in a week or two, or a month or two, then the water may be off-color due to rusty pipes or whatever.  Let it run until it clears up... but at least a gallon or two before hooking up to it.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
There is always that inadvertent hitching of the hose to the black water tank flush fitting thinking that it was the water inlet.....it gets ugly though.

Later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 06:29:08 AM »
That's what I was thinking, but he'd still have pump pressure, assuming there was some water in the tank from his last fill.  I'd considered both the water tank dump switch and the tank fill switch were left on, but he'd have noticed the water running on the ground.  Or somehow the manifold drains got opened or there's a major damaged line, but ditto... he'd see water under the coach.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:35:45 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
         Ah.......Gotta love your replies, sounds like the voices of experience!
                                Livin the dream, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »
I wanted to throw this suggestion in just for giggles...  Before hooking your water line up to someone else's water faucet - be it in a RV park, someone's home,... whatever - run a few gallons out onto the ground.  Many times if a faucet has not been used in a week or two, or a month or two, then the water may be off-color due to rusty pipes or whatever.  Let it run until it clears up... but at least a gallon or two before hooking up to it.

David, In Calif you will probably go to jail if caught by the water patrol for dumping water, just for giggles.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »
Tank fill switch is off, outdoor shower/faucet is off. Looking at some older posts we're still guessing its filters. On the road now to purchase some. Thanks for the input guys ;)

Let us know what you find out to solve this problem.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
Lee - I have been patiently waiting for California to fall off into the ocean.  It needs to happen soon.  Just think - no more fires there.  Then this past week the "experts" come out saying the PNW is terribly overdue for a massive earthquake that will destroy everything between the ocean and I5, and kill tens of thousands of people.  Other than very close to the Eastern border of California - like Death Valley or Standish - you won't catch me with my coach in California.  That's as close to California as I wish to be.  Californians don't seem to want to go without water in their swimming pools.  I doubt a couple gallons of water dumped on the ground for cleanliness reasons would cause much of a ruckess.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:41 PM »
There is always that inadvertent hitching of the hose to the black water tank flush fitting thinking that it was the water inlet.....it gets ugly though.

Later Ed
       Ed's post brought back a fond memory of an incident I had back in 2007. As a technician, I was preparing to do a customer orientation on a used luxury coach. I accidently connected the city water hose to the black tank flusher. I had also ASSUMED that the black tank had been dumped and flushed by the technician who had inspected and performed the "Get Ready". Well anyway....about the time me and the new owner got to the water bay, the sewer vent cap blew off the roof and we all got a brown shower. I can't repeat what the customer said as we were in shock and breathless. Ever since then Fred is real cautious where he connects the city water hose!
            Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV