Author Topic: Hydro Hot fuel filter  (Read 1796 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Hydro Hot fuel filter
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »
I ordered a Raycor FLX R12 TRA fuel filter for my Hydro Hot.
The supplier sent me a Baldwin BF1380.
The Baldwin appears to fit although larger and it is a one piece body unlike the Raycor.
The Raycor has threads top and bottom which allows attachment of the lower plastic fuel bowl.

Does anyone use the Balswin BF 1380 ?  Is it as good or better than Raycor RT12 ?

Is a one piece fuel filter better or worse than the Raycor 2 piece system ?

Thanks,
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Hydro Hot fuel filter
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
You need to know if the Baldwin is a 10 micron filter (required). Having the  bowl gives you the benefit of seeing water or debris in the fuel system. My opinion, send it back. I've been servicing my own Aqua Hot and Hydro Hot systems for 14 years and prefer the Racor. Marty
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:51:17 AM by Marty and Suzie Schenck »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Hydro Hot fuel filter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
Mine currently has a General Filter model G on it, but the manual calls for a Garber model R.  I can’t find the G on General’s site, but the Garber should be correct.  It is 10 micron.  If 2 micron and a viewing bowl is important to you then stick with the Raycor as Marty suggests.  The bowl on my CAT engine will clue me to any debris in my tank.  I guess AquaHot doesn’t deem 2 micron necessary, or thinks it restrictive, I dunno. 

You can run it by John Carillo if you like:   https://heatmyrv.com/product/general-model-g-fuel-filter-fle-120-200-aqua-hot-rv-hydronic-heating/

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat