Author Topic: Help with blade refill choices  (Read 1344 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Help with blade refill choices
« on: October 27, 2022, 01:17:45 AM »
Just sitting by the house for years, the rubber on Monty’s windshield Boomerang (frameless) wiper blades rotted.  I went to remove the windshield sun shade and it’s wiper protectors, for winter storage, when the rubber strip drooped down.  2 new blades on AM’s site are nearly $50 and shipping.  Amazon provides tons of options for under $20/pair, and apparently one can replace just the rubber strip, something I may have done decades ago on one of my cars but have forgotten.

Apparently when BCS converted our faulty original wipers to boomerangs, they used AM Equipment wipers and Anco blades.  Any advice and recommendations on this would be helpful;  replace entire blades or replace rubber only, and which if any aftermarket brand has proven itself.  They virtually all tout “OEM quality” and most aren’t American or German made.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Paul Haaf

• Paul H
  • BAC Member
  • Excited Beaver Owner!
Re: Help with blade refill choices
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 01:03:35 PM »
I ordered replacements this summer, on amazon   HELLA 9XW191398321 HEAVY DUTY Wiper Blade, 32", Single, 1 Pack

They fit well and worked pretty well, the passenger side has one spot that it doesn't lay flat on and leaves a patch, bothering my Co-pilot! Drivers side has been fine:)
2006 Monterey-Ventura-IV 36'
CAT C9 400HP - Allison 3000

2014 Cadillac SRX
Demco Air Force One

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Help with blade refill choices
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:14:58 PM »
Couldn’t find 28” Hella frameless (beam), not even on Hella’s site, just standard wipers.  After using beam, I wouldn’t go back to standard.  I got some input on the FMCA forum that was directive.  As most know, Amazon is not always the best or most accurate source but worth exploring.

Finally opted tonight for Trico 25-280 from Rock Auto after much comparing.  They didn’t have Trico’s best, “Ultra”, but the 25-280 “Force” was next best with good features, and were $17 for two, $28 total with $11 one day shipping.  That total was just over half the cost of other known quality blades elsewhere before shipping.  Duralast at a local Autozone, for example, are $23… each.  Ditto for AM Equipment ones sans shipping.

If I have issues after installing I’ll let you know.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Gene Obie