Author Topic: Replacement Dash Radio  (Read 3040 times)

Brad Burgess

Replacement Dash Radio
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:42 AM »
Hello All

I am looking to replace the "double DIN" size Magnadyne radio in my 06 Monterey.  The replacement must have Bluetooth capability so that we can stream music and books from our iPhones and iPad.  I am sure that this has been addressed here before but I am looking to see if anyone has done this recently and if so, what radio did you use?  There are plenty of $500 plus units out there but I would like to spend less!  Oh, and some knobs as opposed to touch screen would also be nice although I know that touch screen is very prevalent in these units.

Thanks for your input.

Brad Burgess
06 Monterey

Joel Weiss

Re: Replacement Dash Radio
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:37:49 AM »
We replaced our radio and we stream Pandora as well as use the iPod but I didn't see any reason to require a Bluetooth connection.  A low-tech cable between the device and the radio is dirt cheap and works well.  That way we could go quite inexpensive on the radio; we installed an Alpine and used a "converter" for the hole in the dash so we didn't have to go with a DoubleDIN.  I've made a number of mods to the appearance of the dash so I wasn't all that concerned that the radio had to look like what had been there.