Author Topic: Thermostat Issue  (Read 3803 times)

Dennis Crawford

Thermostat Issue
« on: March 23, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »
All,
I have two thermostats in my 2005 Monterey; one for the rear unit and one for the front.  The front area of the coach is not cooling down by the front unit.  The air that is coming out of the registers is about 67 degrees, but the unit cycles on and off more than I think it should.  Before I look into another AC unit, I wanted to test the thermostat.  I just removed the rear stat and hooked it up to the front wiring.  After a few moments the stat went blank.  It works great at the rear position.  These are the 5 button DuoTherm stats.  They have the zone capability on them, but I am pretty sure Beaver did not use the zone capability.  I make this comment to ask if the zone number on the rear stat has to be changed to whatever the zone number is on the front stat if I switch them.

Thanks,

Dennis

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Thermostat Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
Dennis,
My rear thermostat has two zones on it and when my front thermostat did not work, I could not switch to test.  Had to replace the front one which only had the capability of one zone.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
Dennis,

Our bedroom system uses several zones in a 2002 Marquis. If you have a remote sensor for temperature in the bathroom, (little white unit on the wall about 1 inch in size) then you probably have two zones. There are some dip switches to set to reconfigure how the thermostat is used. There is info here along with a sequence of button pushes to reprogram the thermostat. I have not played with one yet so I am not familiar with the procedures but they are in this document.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ccc5.pdf

Later Ed

Orman Claxton

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »
Dennis
Try restoring the T stat to the factory default
!) Turn off t stat
2) Push & Hold  Mode & Zone buttons
3) Turn on T stat, (should read FF)
 T Stat is now reset
Test operation

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
If I reset the thermostat to factory default,  how do I match it to the AC unit?

Orman Claxton

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
Dennis
It doesn't have to be reset,