Author Topic: Reset or Calibrate RVA Leveling Sensor  (Read 3048 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Reset or Calibrate RVA Leveling Sensor
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:50:02 AM »
Shortly after taking delivery of our 2004 Marquis, we attempted self-leveling with the RVA Hydraulic leveling system.  While the system activated jacks that lifted the coach, it did not seem level.  Worse yet, the upper left corner of the windshield popped out.  We had the windshield reset and the next time we attempted to level the same thing happened.

I discovered that the leveling sensor that is supposed to be mounted to the ceiling of the wiring cabinet (where generator slide switch is located) was hanging by its wires.  I reattached it and assumed that all would be well.

The system activates and acts like it is leveling but I don't think it ever really levels and we continue to experience issues with the windshield.  As a temp solution I've been leveling by driving onto blocks...not ideal.

Is there a relatively easy way to recalibrate the sensor?

Thanks
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Reset or Calibrate RVA Leveling Sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:06:44 AM »
On leveling your coach, it is recommended you do it manually.  First lower the front jack until you have solid contact and then use back side jack and put just a little lift on it, then use other back side jack.  Keep alternating until level.  Problem with automatic level is that back jacks are normally used to level side to side then front jack and they seem to all be operating at once which can put a lot of stress and torque on your coach.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13