Author Topic: Brake Problem 2001 Beaver Marquis  (Read 5382 times)

Bill Chaisson

Brake Problem 2001 Beaver Marquis
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:02:37 AM »
We are on the road and having a brake problem with our 2001 Beaver Marquis - we are at a Peterbilt repair shop and they need the part number for the Rear Break relay- it is not on the part - does anyone know where we can find this information??

Help Stuck in St Louis

Bill & Deb

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Brake Problem 2001 Beaver Marquis
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:30:22 AM »
Bill,

I assume you have meritor disc brakes on your coach, correct?

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:31:46 AM »
Also, what is the issue with brakes?  I am unaware of a relay you mention in you post.

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:41:51 AM »

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 04:02:59 AM »
Bill,

Maybe a photo of the part and its location might jog someone's memory if they have had work done somewhere and knew of a place that had done a replacement. Is this an electrically driven air valve? Not familiar with this part or exactly what it does.

Later Ed

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »
Quote from: Bill Chaisson
We are on the road and having a brake problem with our 2001 Beaver Marquis - we are at a Peterbilt repair shop and they need the part number for the Rear Break relay- it is not on the part - does anyone know where we can find this information??

Help Stuck in St Louis

Bill & Deb

Take a pic of the relay valve, the Peterbilt shop should be able to ID by just looking at it. Post a pic of said valve.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
Bill,
I am not familiar with the part that you are referring to, so since it looks like you are drawing a blank here, I suggest that you call the parts department a BCS (Beaver Coach Sales). They will either know the part number or they will know where to find it.

Gerald