Author Topic: Adding and additional AC Vent  (Read 3255 times)

Dick Simonis

Adding and additional AC Vent
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
Now that we're using the MH a bit and need to run the AC I finding a "dead" spot where cooling is a problem.

The Emerald has a sort of a separate dining room and, coincidentally, that is also where the ice maker is located.  The problem is that the ice maker generates quite a bit of heat and that coupled with the chandelier makes for kind of a hot spot.  It would seem fairly simple to add an additional AC vent but I'm not sure so I figured it would be worth asking.

Has anyone added additional vents.

Thanks

Dick

Gerald Farris

Re: Adding and additional AC Vent
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:37:17 PM »
Dick,
The first thing that I would try is to replace all of the chandelier blubs with LED blubs. That will remove the heat source from it as a first step, and it may be enough. That solved the heat load problem above the table in my Marquis since my wife rarely ever turns off that light.

Gerald

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Adding and additional AC Vent
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
Dick,
We had a similar issue. If you haven't yet, consider replacing the chandelier lamps with LEDs. This makes a significant difference in heat generation. I also just completed changing all my halogen puck lights to LED. The replacements give better light, look better, draw much less current and don't generate any heat. I'll email you info on the source.
The Uline ice-maker does draw a lot of current (~20a) and thus generates heat, but we haven't found it objectionable once we changed out the chandelier bulbs. Lowes and HD stock them.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp