Author Topic: Patriot Thunder Slide Motor Relay/Solenoid  (Read 3858 times)

Lee Welbanks

Patriot Thunder Slide Motor Relay/Solenoid
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:24:21 AM »
A couple of times when setting up/down when I would push the slide mulitplex button nothing would happen, would have to push it a couple times before the pump would start, once started it ran great. I figured that the relay to the slide pump motor was going south or worst case something with the multiplex. With this coach the generator hydraulics and switch are not run through the multiplex so I tried it and it acted the same so that narrowed it down to the relay/motor.
Raised up the coach with the air ride, ran the generator out and got under and found that the battery lead to the relay was loose and dirty. Removed and cleaned both main posts re-connected this time with star washers and locked everything down tight. Now all is back to normal, called Stuarts Service in Elkhart and ordered a spare relay so I will have it. Cheap insurance at $35 because we all know that the relay will only fail when you are in the middle of nowhere.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Patriot Thunder Slide Motor Relay/Solenoid
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »
Hi Lee, it sounds like a good plan we also have the 06 PT I have not seen a  problem with the relay yet.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Lee Welbanks

Re: Patriot Thunder Slide Motor Relay/Solenoid
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
Jerry,

With all the setup and take downs we do in our travels it will only be a matter of time when she takes the dump and it will happen when in the middle of nowhere. I just figure cheap insurance so this way it will never fail. I also have spare for the battery relays in the Rear Run Box, right now I have to overhaul the Big Boy relay cause it is not acting right. Monday we should get some good weather here in Denver.